As part of the UCI Student Affairs Wellness, Health & Counseling Services team, the office of the Campus Social Worker:
- Provides private support for individual students, staff, or faculty during a medical, physical, familial and/or emotional crisis.
- Offers assessment and recommendations to faculty and staff on how to handle a sensitive student situation.
- Develops an action plan to coordinate and monitor the delivery of services to help individuals meet their goals.
- Mobilizes necessary campus and community resources to maximize the person's physical, social and/or emotional well-being.
- Helps students navigate their relationships and responsibilities with UCI academic and administrative departments.
- Collaborates with the Campus Consultation Team when it is in the best interest of the individual and/or campus community.
Services are available to the entire UCI community at no cost.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
- Albert Einstein