How to Connect

By Appointment Only

Due to the Campus Social Workers having staggered schedules/limited availability, occupying multiple locations on campus, and working with specialized populations, the office cannot accept drop-ins. Students need to make an appointment for meetings. Find our phone number and office email address on our Contact Us page.

Summer Schedule

Campus Social Workers will be working remotely this summer, effective June 17, 2024 through September 6, 2024. We will return to our academic year hybrid schedules on Monday, September 8, 2024. For any in-person needs during this period, please contact the Department Coordinator.

Privacy Notice

The Campus Social Workers cannot discuss details of any student's situation with others -- including family members, medical providers, mental health providers or other third parties -- without the student's consent, as protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).

If in the course of communication with the referring party or the student, however, an urgent health or safety concern is raised, the OCSW is mandated by law and professional ethics to disclose the information to appropriate professional entities. Such concerns include suspected child or elder abuse, threats of danger to oneself or others, and grave disability due to a mental disorder.

If a student would like for their social worker to speak with a third party, the student will need to fill out, sign and return our Release and Exchange of Information form to their assigned social worker.

You can refer to our Consent for Services & Privacy Notice for more detailed privacy information.


Referrals can be made by UCI faculty or staff only. Generally, students may not self-refer. However, if you are a student who has previously connected with one of our Campus Social Workers, we kindly ask that you contact them directly. Campus Social Work services are meant to complement and support current campus services offered to students.

If you are faculty or staff member and think a student may benefit from CSW services, you should obtain consent from the student prior to requesting our assistance.

Referrals can be made by using our online referral form, or by email or phone . If directing a student to contact the office directly, please inform them to make an appointment. The office cannot accept drop-ins.

Accommodations Notice

If you have disability-related needs and wish to request reasonable accommodations, please let our office know and we will connect you to the Disability Services Center (DSC). You can also contact DSC directly by phone at (949) 824-7494 (TTY: (949) 824-6272) or in person at 100 Continuing Education 3 / Building 234.

Housing Navigation Resources

If you’re a UCI student looking for housing near campus, we recommend that you visit the Basic Needs Center's Housing Resources page to aid in your search. The Office of Campus Social Work does not conduct local housing searches for students and cannot grant any housing placements or adjust any housing waitlists.
Campus Social Workers may be able to assist referred students who are housing insecure and facing multiple psychosocial stressors. Housing insecurity is an umbrella term that encompasses several dimensions of housing problems people may experience, including affordability, safety, quality, and loss of housing due to financial challenges.